Unpredictable things happen sometimes that we simply cannot avoid. At San Marcos Locksmiths in San Marcos, TX, we can tell you that one of those unfortunate situations is being locked out! It doesn’t matter where you are locked out; this is no fun for anyone.
If you’ve ever found yourself locked out of your house and broke in, it undoubtedly led to even more problems. The same is true if you’re locked out of your car or office and you try to gain access inside on your own, it only leads to a bigger problem and more money spent.
When you’re locked out of your car, this can be one of those situations where you are kicking yourself because the reality is that you don’t have anyone to blame for locking your keys in the car except yourself. It is compounded if you are already tired and it is prolonging your ability to get home.
These situations are worth discussing. Perhaps there are other lockout situations that will cause for the help of a locksmith. When you’re locked out you want to know that there is help available to you 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. A professional locksmith service is usually available to attend to the needs of their customers whenever you need them, even if it requires that they make themselves available around the clock for your convenience.
Knowing that you might require the services of a locksmith might make you nervous. However, if you know the circumstances for which you might require the services of a local locksmith due to a lockout situation. Review the below information.
What is considered a Lockout?
This might seem like a strange question but it’s worth mentioning what we consider a lockout situation. When you are unable to gain access inside of anyplace where a lock and key are required. This could be a building or a car.
Again, lockouts happen for different reasons, some of which we’ll consider below. These situations are based on our experience assisting customers and are some of the most common reasons why many of our customers contact us.
Here are some of the lockout situations that homeowners experience:
- You simply walk out the door because you’re distracted without picking up your keys
- The kids were playing and accidentally shut the door before you could grab the keys
- Someone has attempted to break in and damaged your locks now your keys won’t work
- Normal wear and tear is making it impossible to get inside
- Not replacing old and outdated locks
- You have lost your keys (this is when you should actually change your locks in case they aren’t lost but are stolen)
- The key is broken
- The key is jammed
Here are some of the lockout situations that business owners experience:
- Your lock has malfunctioned due to it being old or damaged
- Locks that is broken
- Your lock is damaged due to false entry
- A key is broken off in the lock
- Something is stuck in the lock
- Your security system is not working properly
- Lost keys
When you experience an automotive lockout it can be for the following reasons:
- You went into your trunk and locked your key inside
- Your car key was lost or stolen
- Your transponder keys chip is damaged
- You broke off the key in the door or ignition
- The door latch is stuck
Many of the problems that you encounter when you are locked out are for very similar situations. If you’re not sure how to get back inside, instead of making matters worse, just give us a call at San Marcos Locksmiths and we’ll send someone over right away.
Things to Do During a Lockout
We would suggest that if you want to quickly put this problem behind you without making it any worse than it is that you contact a locksmith to deal with it for you. Bad locks can be a big problem, which can prevent you from being able to use your key when you need it. You can prevent a lockout when you have problems with your locks quickly addressed rather than waiting until it is too late.
If you are locked out of your house, business or car, here is what you should do:
- When locked out your house there may be an alternative way inside like a side door or basement door.
- Never break in! You will create another bad situation that will require fixing. This means you’ll be out of more money because you’ll have to have to repair whatever was damaged to get inside.
- Contact a locksmith for further assistance
If you are locked out of your car, here is what you should do:
If you’re alone and it is late at night, we suggest that you contact a locksmith immediately.
When contacting a locksmith let them know exactly what is wrong and the problem you are facing. This will help them determine what to bring with them when they come to assist you with your service needs.
If you’re transponder key isn’t working and you aren’t capable of getting inside your car, a locksmith will be able to evaluate the situation for you. It might be something as simple as replacing a battery.
How A Locksmith is Useful during a Lockout
A locksmith has received professional training so that they can effectively and safely assist with your lockout problem. They will be able to remedy the problem and access your situation without causing any damages. No locks, or windows will be broken and any old and worn out locks will be carefully replaced. If you have lost your keys, they have been stolen or your need your lock rekeyed, a locksmith can quickly and effectively handle this for you.
A locksmith will undoubtedly be able to reduce your level of stress whenever you find yourself in a lockout situation. Keep our number handy at San Marcos Locksmiths because you never know when you just might find yourself locked out.